Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet 3500 HD: Can you call my husband @(###) ###-####

Customer Question

Can you call my husband @(###) ###-#### He is on interstate 40 in Tenneesee west bound and keeps having trouble with reduced engine power and clean exhaust filter. He followed the clean exhaust filter instructions in the manual and that light went off but he is still in reduced power mode. He is driving a 09 Duramax diesel 3500 HD pulling a 40 foot trailer with a load that has to be in Tulsa, Ok. tomorrow. Can you help him. His name is*****
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have paid you. Are you going to call my husband?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there anyone responding to this. Where did the "chat with a mechanic go to"?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The next day will be to late. Yes you can call him or no you can not. Surely you can tell me that by now. If I cannot get a simple yes or no answer I will not return to this web site for anything.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It still says "Expert work time left 10 minutes". That has been on the screen for 20 minutes. All of my statements reflect 12:06 a.m. which is not right. It is not 12:35 a.m. and I do not get a response from you. I am calling my credit card company to stop payment.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.I am posting as soon as I saw your question myself.
Most likely the exhaust system needs a forced regen. done with a scan tool/computer plugged into the vehicle or the exhaust filter has restricted to a point to where it needs replaced.This is most common around 80,000 to 100,000 miles.
What will have to be done from here unfortunately is to have the fault codes checked/read out using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with your vehicles computers to see what codes are set.Once this has been done the codes can then be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault.
I suspect the exhaust filter most likely needs cleaned or replaced then the codes cleared out with a scan tool to turn off the messages and lights and to then allow the vehicle to operate properly from there.
Thanks Pete