GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet HHR LT: My rear brake-turn signals dont work. The

Customer Question

My rear brake-turn signals dont work. The bulbs work when headlights are on. The front turn signals work.The top brake light works also. Reverse lights work.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, I am Cam. Do the hazards work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In the front but not the rear
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Btw im Rean, hey
Ok, in the centre console is the Body Control Module (BCM) which has a red connector. Do you see that red connector? Is that loose? If you move the wiring around or tap on it do the lights work again Rean?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Testing now
Thank you. If that does not change it, do you have a tester we can make a quick test with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what kind of tester?
My preference is a test light but a meter would work as well .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a fuse tester
Not sure that will work, what kind of fuse tester? , lets see what you find when playing with the red connector and such.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That large red box with all the wires?
Yes that connector no that will not work. In your picture I have highlighted 2 wires, green and yellow, wiggle those. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22552935/Screen%20Shot%202015-04-30%20at%2012.40.29.png
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im working alone so i dont have real time confirmation. No change. Theyre secure
Ok, can you try extending a wire from the prongs of your tester and put one on ground and the other to that wire. See what it does. Also test from the battery positive to the battery negative so I can see how it reacts.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok i bought a tester
ok, hazards on, test from each of the 2 wires to metal and see what the reading is. .No reading means BCM is bad, but please make sure every fuse in all the fuse blocks are good just to be sure.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My engine fuse block reads a bcm, but the fuse map inside doesnt mention bcm.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Following your instructions
Sorry washroom break. Check any that read TBC as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I really dont know what im doing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll get chevy to look at it, I have that ignition recall to handle anyways. Thanks for typing.
Is there more I can get you? Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please rate my answer 3-5 or OK to Excellent service and feel free to ask any follow up questions regarding this issue you may have.Please know that the only compensation for my time spent assisting you is when you provide that rating.