GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2004 chevrolet cavalier trac off ,abs and service lights are

Customer Question

2004 chevrolet cavalier trac off ,abs and service lights are on ! Code c1275 is stored and have had left front wheel speed faults. I replaced wheel speed sensor and cleaned connector, can't see any visible problems with wire harness. Any quick ideas ?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, I am Kim. Did you happen to check the wiring as it runs all the way back to the body harness from the connector? These particular systems are very common for that wiring that runs the sensor to break around the back of the connector, the lower control arm or anywhere it moves. My suggestion would be to gently pull the wires going into the connector and then expose the wiring all the way back to the back of the control arm and inspect for any breaks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I checked the wire loom all the way forward to just below the battery tray and didn't see anything obvious,But if that's the most common area to have problems then I'll take it apart more and try to Ohm things out but it is an intermittent problem so it's difficult to put my finger on the exact problem. I hate just throwing parts at it !
I agree. Check carefully into the connector for the hub. Those wires may not see bad but a little tension back usually makes a bad connection give way.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I replaced 18" of the left front wheel speed sensor wiring and all is good. Thanks for your help !!
My pleasure.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please rate my answer 3-5 or OK to Excellent service and feel free to ask any follow up questions regarding this issue you may have.
Please know that the only compensation for my time spent assisting you is when you provide that rating.