Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet Malibu Classic LS: Im having the same problem,but…

Im having the same problem,but...

Im having the same problem,but no theft light on. I tried the 10 min method..still no start?? Checked fuses they looked fine. Maybe the micro relay? Never had a start issue before. Good battery

1/6/2015
Chevy Mechanic: cartech, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 years ago
cartech
cartech, ASE Certified Technician
When you turn the key to on does the security light come on for a few seconds then go out?

Yes about 2 secs

Do you have any test equipment that you can test dc voltage to the small purple wire at the starter when trying to start.

Np

No

I do not believe you have a theft issue as the security would stay on and not go out within a few seconds as it is doing it seems you have a starter or starter circuit issue.

I didnt expect thst since it turns over

I'm sorry i mis understood the statement i thought it did not turn over. Being it turns over but don't start it is most likely a bad fuel pump you should be able to here it run in the gas tank for a few seconds when you turn the key on if you do not then the pump is most likely bad.
cartech
cartech, ASE Certified Technician