Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a 2005 chevy astro van.. the blower motor is not working..

we replaced the resistor and...
I have a 2005 chevy astro van.. the blower motor is not working.. we replaced the resistor and still not working.. checked the resistor plug as were changing the levels on the knob and its giving us ground instead of power.. any ideas on what the problem could be
11/12/2013
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. At the resistor the orange wire on pin A should have voltage at all times and orange wire at pin B should have voltage with switch in high position. Black wire at pin C should have ground. Let me know, thanks.

yes we have that

Sounds like your blower motor resistor has failed. Unplug blower motor and see if it has good power/ground with bower motor on high. If missing power replace blower motor resistor which has relay built into it that failed. If it has good power/ground this means blower motor has failed. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

The resistor plug has 6 wires A and B are getting power.. But C D E F come as you turn the levels on the knob like C is for 1 D is for level 2 E for 3 and F for 4... when you turn the level the wire is supposed to get power but for all 4 were getting ground instead... and we already replaced the blower motor resistor

Have you tried to manually turn on blower? If A and B have power and C has ground it should work in high speed.

the blower its woork

But it doesn't work with switch on high?

yes

I'm not sure what to think of this, from what I'm seeing it should work on high at least. I'll open question up to see if someone else has some ideas. Do not reply/rate or question will be locked to me only. Someone will reply when they can help. Thanks.
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

do you have a multi meter ?

just to regroup here with everything plugged in the blower motor will not work at any speed ?

yessir with everything plugged the blower motor is not working at all.. the resistor is brand new... and for the blower motor resistor plug there is 6 wires A B C D E F we are testing it with a power probe..

A - is hot all the time

B - giving us ground when we turn the knob to high

C - ground at all time

D - giving us ground when we turn the knob to 2 level

E - giving us ground when we turn it to 1st

F - when we turn it to 3rd

ok and A and B are both orange wires correct ?

with the key on does the fuse in the inside fuse box called HTR A/C fuse # XXXXX show 12 volts on both sides of it testing it with the fuse in place through the little openings in the tops of that fuse ?

yes both a and b are orange..and no the fuse Is blown.. and its a 10amp fuse is that what it supposed to be?

its supposed to be a 20 amp ( if the 10 is not blown the fuse amp should be changed to the 20 amp but should not be causing this problem with a 10 amp fuse as long as its not blown )

but with the key on does that fuse show 12 volts on both sides of it testing it with the fuse in place ?

the fuse is blown

ok put a 20 amp in and see if it works

please let me know

ok it worked. thank you

anytime

good job testing

don't forget to rate us here at Justanswer !

Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician