GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 plus years. experience as GM technician, ASE Master Technician and GM Certified.
70078276

Chevrolet Traverse: I bought a 2013 Traverse in March of this

I bought a 2013 Traverse in March of this year. Everything was good until two days ago after filling gas tank. I went to rest the trip odometers, gallons used, average speed but the DIC system went off on it's own. It started to cycle through most if the features and randomly selecting a few of them by itself. The one I didn't like was when it cycled to language and selected French without me doing anything. Called the dealer he looked it up to see if there was a soft ware update or a recall. None. He had me bring it in the guy at the desk took it for a drive and had the same thing happen to him. I went back to the service area and he had a mechanic look at it. No clue what to do, so I was told to wait till next oil change and if it still has the problem they will see what they can do. And it will give them time to research it. Well, it gets annoying when driving and it all of a sudden decides to cycle through and select features on it's own. Any ideas would be so helpful. Thank You!

GM Bob :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can help

GM Bob :

Is this the buttons you have?

GM Bob :

I did some research found no bulletins or updates for this problem.

GM Bob :

What I suggest have the dealer unplug the switch. Have you drive it see if it still does it. May have a contact sticking in the switch. You will not be able to change anything on your dash. So make sure they have it on the display you want when they disconnect it

GM Bob :

Should only take them less than 30 min to disconnect it.

GM Bob :

I hope this helps. Please get back with me if you need more help.

GM Bob :

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes those are the buttons. When you said disconnect the switch s tee e all the buttons on one switch or each button has it's own switch? If they are separate then they would have to disconnect each one at a time to figure out which one is sticking. right? It would seem if a individual button was sticking then only those features it is associated with would be the only features affected. Hosever, any button press it cycles thrkugh the whole gambit of features thd. settles down on two or three. Then throws a curve by asking what language I want to select thdn selects it on it's own. So, I guess what I'm trying to understand is are all the buttons connected to a switch or all the buttons are individual switches?

The buttons have one connector. All three buttons serviced as one assembly.
Disconnecting it is a easy test for a sticking button internally.
Please let me know if you need more help or how it acts with the switch unplugged
Don't forget to rate me
Thank you