Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Chevrolet Impala: can u please tell me why my 03 impala is

can u please tell me...
can u please tell me why my 03 impala is still running hot??? ok i changed the water pump and the thremostat and its still running hot so i took the thremostat out and its still kinda running hot theres water coming out the tail pipe but no water in the oil... its acting like the water cant flow threw there!!!! can you please help me????
11/8/2013
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

how does the engine run at idle and when driving ?

is the engine skipping ?

does the car loose coolant ?

it starts to mist after it idols and it has no heat at all even when i had the new thremostat in it

do you loose coolant ? if so how much coolant does it loose ?

its not letting anything flow threw

Ok Penny

you are down to 2 things that will cause the coolant not to flow

either a blocked or restricted radiator or the most common a head gasket allowing combustion to get into the coolant system and the compression will over power the coolant and stop it from flowing

most parts stores sell a tester called block tester this test will test the coolant system for any emissions getting into the coolant system the odds are the test will show up positive for emissions in the coolant system which shows the head gaskets are bad

if the test shows up negative have the coolant system flushed out if it still does this it has to be the head gaskets causing this problem you have

Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Gary
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician