Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet: 2001 3/4 ton suburbam 8.1 37 gallon tank hat 2

2001 3/4 ton suburbam 8.1 37 gallon tank hat 2 fuel pumps which one do you change

Hi,My name is Tim,

I will do my best to assist you

you need to replace the pump in the primary tank

please copy and paste the link below to your main browser. I have uploaded more info on this there

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cqs2nlr94i80arf/1024-2001-suburban-FUEL%20PUMP%20AND%20SENDER%20ASSEMBLY.doc

.

If you are satisfied with my answer,Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it wont come up says error over and over

sorry,,there may be a problem with the site
lets try it this way,,make sure you put the link in your main browser...let me know if it doesnt work
www.dropbox.com/s/cqs2nlr94i80arf/1024-2001-suburban-FUEL%20PUMP%20AND%20SENDER%20ASSEMBLY.doc

thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Tim give me a link or let some one else answer the question
the link works here..
i will opt out..maybe one of the other guys can better help you..someone will be right with you..
thanks

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

new expert here did you still need help ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes need a link and which pump should I change front the back or both

ok this has a big side tank and one center rear correct?

are you wanting to change the pump that pumps the fuel pressure to the engine or the pump to pump fuel from the rear tank to the front ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Which one should I change it has a 130. 000 miles on it truck runs fine pump seems a little noisier

the primary pump is in the side tank

some are noisy but if its making good pressure I wouldn't bother changing it unless the noise it too loud

at 130K can be hit or miss what makes these pumps go is the lack of fuel filters being changed and they become restricted and it over works the pump

the rear tank pump is just a transfer pump that will transfer fuel from the rear tank to the side tank

the one that makes that engine run is the side tank fuel pump

# XXXXX in this picturegraphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is that considerd the front pump cause at gm they say front pump and rear pump what should fuel pressure do

the front pump in the side tank is for the fuel pressure to the engine

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What pressure should I have we have changed filter several times
key ON engine OFF 55 - 62 PSI
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience: 15 years GM master tech