Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Chevrolet 05 chevy duramax: I have a05 duramax with a bad engine.....can

I have a05 duramax with a bad engine.....can I swap it out for a 06. everything is available from both trucks. what all has to be changed?
Hello, I'm Cam.

Can I get your first name please?

Sorry to hear about this issue, I will help you solve this.

The 2006, is it an LLY or the LBZ engine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Timmy Dewitt ,and not sure which one it is, but it is a roll over truck so the entire drivetrain is available.

Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Tim can you get to BOTH trucks VIN numbers ?

if BOTH the 2005 and the 2006 8th digit of the VIN numbers are BOTH a 1 or both a 2 its an exact swap over

IF the VIN 8th digits do NOT match you can still swap it over but you want to swap the engines wiring harness and computer over

I forgot to add if the 2006 is a vin code D just swap the wiring harness and computer over as all 3 of those engines all should have used the same Allison transmission
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience: 15 years GM master tech