Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Chevrolet Suburban 1500: i have a question pertaining to the

i have a question pertaining...
i have a question pertaining to the transmission in this car, is there something else i can look for like a sensor or something that i can do before i just buy a new transmission, it slips in drive but drives pretty good in low gear 1 and 2. is there something i can check for or add to it, before changing it?
10/20/2013
Joel
Joel, Auto technician
Welcome backCustomer
Does it matter if the truck is warmed up or not when it is slipping?
When does it slip when you are in drive- 1-2, 2-3, 3-OD shifting?
Have you looked/smelled at trans fluid color?

it does it anytime but it gets better after a lil while of driving it slips in the first one drive 1, all of the rest if i drive it, it changes out find and let me drive like it should,

OK. If it gets a little better after driving a while, that means rubber seals in the trans are expanding from getting hotter, and helping with the shifting.

There is no solenoid or switch that would cause the problem you are having.

You could try a trans fluid conditioner. Chemicals in a bottle of conditioner can help with seals. "Lucas Oil" has a good trans fluid additive.
Joel
Joel, Auto technician
Joel
Joel
Joel, Auto technician