ZZDaryl
ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

Chevrolet Blazer: 1998 blazer only clicks but dont turn. I

1998 blazer only clicks but don't turn. I removed starter and had it tested and it and solenoid is good they told me. I noticed when I try to crank it still just clicks but solenoid is warm receiving power. What can I do next?
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your problem. Did they say the starter was good or just the solenoid?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Auto Zone said both was good.And the battery is brand new.

Ok then I would put a wrench/socket, what ever will fit on the front pulley to see if the engine can be turned by hand, its possible the engine is set up/seized up. If the engine is not set up then the problem has to be either the starter or there is a bad connection to the starter or a bad connection at the battery.

If it does not turn with a wrench on the front pulley you might try taking out the spark plugs, its possible that an injector failed and filled the cylinder with fuel or there could be a bad head gasket and that filled the cylinder with coolant. Let me know if you need more help.
Thanks for the rating I really appreciate it. Please be sure to come back and use JustAnswer for all of the questions you may have, Thanks