Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ: I tried installing a bully dog gt gas…

Customer Question
I tried installing a bully...
I tried installing a bully dog gt gas tuner on my 07 Tahoe Ltz and keeps saying unsuccessful. What can be causing this?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Chevy
7/4/2013
Chevy Mechanic: BOBBYSS, Master Technician replied 5 years ago
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician

BOBBYSS :

Hello, and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to help you. If I am not online when you are, please allow me time to return. Can you give me the procedure you are following? Is the key on? Is the vehicle running? Etc?

JACUSTOMER-0yuqh4k3- :

im about to try installing again

BOBBYSS :

Is this a brand new programmer?

JACUSTOMER-0yuqh4k3- :

yes it is

BOBBYSS :

Okay. Make sure that you follow the instructions perfectly and that the key is on but the vehicle is not running. If it continues to say the same thing then there is a problem with the programmer. The manufacturer may be able to upload a new program to it through the internet. In some cases it will need to be replaced. I have purchased this one before many times and had one instance where they had to send me a new one.

JACUSTOMER-0yuqh4k3- :

Just making sure everything is right before I start

BOBBYSS :

No problem. Let me know if you need more help after you try it again.

JACUSTOMER-0yuqh4k3- :

Ok I've started and have started

JACUSTOMER-0yuqh4k3- :

Checking tcm

BOBBYSS :

Ok.

JACUSTOMER-0yuqh4k3- :

Taking longer than usual

BOBBYSS :

Hopefully it is doing the job this time.

JACUSTOMER-0yuqh4k3- :

It says unknown tcm

JACUSTOMER-0yuqh4k3- :

Code 316

BOBBYSS :

Okay. You need to have the programmer uploaded with new information. It does not have the right data to communicate with the TCM.

JACUSTOMER-0yuqh4k3- :

That's as far as it'll go tried 3 times

JACUSTOMER-0yuqh4k3- :

I've done with both vehicle settings

JACUSTOMER-0yuqh4k3- :

Now it says code 357 and have disconnected what is mentioned the remote start and it came that way from factory

JACUSTOMER-0yuqh4k3- :

So what else can I do?

JACUSTOMER-0yuqh4k3- :

Code 357 J1850 1x speed frame error

BOBBYSS : Sorry for the delay. My computer crashed. I just got it back up. You are having a problem with the programmer itself. You need to contact bully dog. Is the check engine light on inside of the vehicle?
JACUSTOMER-0yuqh4k3- :

Yes it is

BOBBYSS : If the check engine light is on then the programmer will not work also. You need to clear the codes. If your programmer will not clear the codes then you need to have this done first. Most auto parts stores will do this for you.
JACUSTOMER-0yuqh4k3- : The code was for h2os so I replaced both and the stayed off now it says throttle pedal position sensor
BOBBYSS :

Does your battery happen to be low? If it is then the low voltage in the system will show several sensors as being faulty.