Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Chevrolet: My 2006 Chevrolet express van check engine light

My 2006 Chevrolet express van...
My 2006 Chevrolet express van check engine light is on what does that mean?

Can you direct me in finding a 40 amp dc fuse holder for my 2004 Chevrolet express van

Thank you
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/17/2013
Dan, Technician
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. There are many things that could cause this to happen, you will need to start by having diagnostic codes checked. Once you have diagnostic codes checked write them down and let me know what they are. Thanks.

checking the code again

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX know.

Hello are you there?

Hello, were you able to check the codes? Thanks

link error came up

P0050

COOLANT 172

CODES FOUND 6

If it says 6 codes were found I'd think there should be 6 different code numbers? P0052 is 1 then it sounds like P0172 might be another?

I turned the truck off and restarted

theses codes came up

P0059

P0050

P0154

P0155

P0300

P1258

Would they be the codes you are looking for

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the codes I needed. What is your vin number?

serial number is XXXXX an ice cream truck

what is a vin number

You might not have a vin and that is fine, what size engine do you have? Thanks

would this help

chassis no 1gceg250161118250

engine no(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

cc 4800

Is it a V6 or V8 engine? Also 2006 or 2004? Thanks

2006 v6

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX can go over the problems.

-

P0059, P0154, P0155, and P0050 is for the bank 2 sensor 1 oxygen sensor which almost always means the oxygen senor has failed.

P1258 means engine temp was overheated for over 10 seconds. If vehicle doesn't overheat and just this code set then replace the coolant temp sensor.

Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician

do I have to replaced the oxygen sensor and where can I purchase one
and the coolant sensor

the vehicle did not over heat

and the other question was for my 2004 van

Yes you will need to replace the oxygen sensor, the part number is XXXXX and if you google it you should be able to find many options. The part number for coolant temp sensor is 15326386, you can buy both on ebay. As far as the 2004 DC fuse, what stopped working? Thanks

The radiator was replaced but the water was leaking so the 40 amp dc fuse holder burn to a crisp. the mechanic said the radiator was faulty not sure if it was

You can buy these fuse holders pretty much from any hardware or parts store, otherwise here is one you can buy on ebay. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Gauge-8G-MAXI-Fuse-Holder-with-40A-40-AMP-FUSE-/200935143707?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec8aaf91b

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EXCELLENT SERVICE

Bermuda can not help with the trucks , no knowledge

I am happy I could help. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks again and have a good evening.

Can we drive the van

I'm assuming your talking about the 2006 and yes you can but you will not get as good of gas mileage so I'd make sure to buy parts and replace asap. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Thank you

No problem, have a good evening.
Dan, Technician