Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Chevrolet: 97 chevy express van w/5.7 vortex cam sensor, where

97 chevy express van w/5.7 vortex cam sensor, where is it located and how hard is it to replace, any special tools? thanks
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is David and I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

Don't Forget, the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service, and not this website itself or your vehicle.

The cam sensor is inside the distributor. The only special tools needed are a couple of Torx drivers to remove the cap and rotor (T15 and T20). After removing the cap and rotor, remove the screw retaining the sensor into the distributor housing, then remove the sensor.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks for the info, I gave a bonus and it looks like it didn't go thru, after you respond I will try again

Hello, thank you for attempting to give me a bonus. I see where you gave me an Excellent rating, but even that has not fully credited. May be some type of glitch in the system on this end. I will report it to the site adminsitrators. As an expert, I have no access to customer accounts. If you ever need anything else, please let me know.