this should help you
Exhaust Manifold Replacement - Left Side (4.8L, 5.3L, and 6.0L Engine)Removal Procedure
| ||2005 Chevy Truck Silverado 1500 2WD V8-4.8L VIN V |
| ||Exhaust Manifold Service and Repair, Removal and Replacement: Exhaust Manifold Replacement - Left |
| || || || |
1. Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle .
2. Remove the exhaust manifold pipe nuts.
3. Lower the vehicle.
4. Remove the spark plugs
5. Remove the exhaust manifold bolts, manifold, and gasket.
6. Discard the gasket.
7. Remove the heat shield
bolts (3), and shield (2) from the exhaust manifold (1), if necessary.
8. Clean and inspect the exhaust manifold. Installation Procedure
Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
1. Install the heat shield (2), and bolts (3) to the exhaust manifold (1), if necessary. Tighten the bolts to 9 Nm (80 lb in). Important:
- Tighten the exhaust manifold bolts as specified in the service procedure. Improperly installed and/or leaking exhaust manifold gasket
s may affect vehicle emissions and/or On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) II system performance.
- The cylinder head exhaust manifold bolt hole threads must be clean and free of debris or threadlocking material. Important:
Do not apply sealant to the first three threads of the bolt.
2. Apply a 5 mm (0.2 in) wide band of threadlock GM P/N 12345493 (Canadian P/N 10953488), or equivalent to the threads of the exhaust manifold bolts.
3. Install the exhaust manifold, NEW gasket and bolts.
- Tighten the bolts a first pass to 15 Nm (11 lb ft). Tighten the bolts beginning with the center two bolts. Alternate from side-to-side, and work toward the outside bolts. Tighten the bolts a final pass to 25 Nm (18 lb ft).
- Tighten the bolts beginning with the center two bolts. Alternate from side-to-side, and work toward the outside bolts.
4. Using a flat-punch, bend over the exposed edge of the exhaust manifold gasket at the rear of the left cylinder head.
5. Install the spark plugs
6. Raise the vehicle.
7. Install the exhaust manifold pipe nuts. Tighten the nuts to 50 Nm (37 lb ft).
8. Lower the vehicle.