Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

when changing transfer case shift motor, is there any reset

when changing transfer case shift motor, is there any reset procedure for the computer, or does the transfer case have to be in 2wd,4wd or neutral,4 low
hi
no..this model doesnt need to be reprogramed...
the motor should come preset to where it needs to be..
this should help
thanks
1999 Chevy Truck K 1500 Truck 4WD V8-5.3L
Transfer Case Service and Repair, Procedures: New Venture 241, 243 and Borg-Warner 4401, 4470, On-Vehicle Service, Motor/Encoder Replacement (Selectable 4WD)
REMOVAL PROCEDURE
1. Remove the transfer case shield.
graphic
2. Remove the transfer case wiring harness connectors from the motor/Encoder.
graphic

3. Remove the four bolts that secure the motor/Encoder to the transfer case.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
1. Install the with a motor/Encoder.
graphic
graphic
2. Install the four bolts securing the motor/Encoder to the transfer case.
- Tighten the motor/Encoder bolts to 25 Nm (18 ft. lbs.).
- Remove all gasket material remaining from the motor/Encoder.
- Ensure the motor/Encoder aligns properly with the transfer case interior shifting components.
- Align the motor/Encoder mating surface detent with the transfer case mating surface detent.

3. Install the wiring harness connectors to the motor/Encoder.
4. Install the transfer case shield. Refer to Shield Replacement.
5. Perform a functional test on the electronic shift select system in order to test the motor/Encoder. Refer to Transfer Case Functional Test
graphic

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button, so I can get credit for my work,,the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP