Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

chev: how do you change a oil pressure sending unit on a 2000

Customer Question
how do you change a...
how do you change a oil pressure sending unit on a 2000 chevy camero?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Chevy
7/5/2012
Chevy Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 5 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

3.8L or 5.7L engine?

3.8

fairly easy to replace. Labor time is only 0.4hr. About 20 minutes start to finish.

The pressure sensor is located just above the oil filter. disconnect the harness connector to it, preferably use oil pressure sensor socket to unscrew it from the engine block, but you can also use a wrench

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Bonuses are welcome. Please note that if you have a subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES , however you are not charged again. Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can further help you

View Full Image

View Full Image

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager