GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2009 Chevy malibu: servie the ESC..words were popping..eletrical

Customer Question

My 2009 Chevy malibu dinged at me yesterday telling me to servie the ESC which I called on and figured out it was something that wasn't terribly urgent to fix, or so I was told. This morning my car dinged at me and words were popping up so fast I couldn't read what it was saying...this an eletrical issue??
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 5 years ago.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Welcome.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Are there any lights as well that are on solid?

Customer:

The only light was the one yesterday morning and it was a car with swerve lines behind it in a triangle....that light went off when I turned my car off and never came back on and this morning no lights at all just a bunch of words that went so fast I couldn't read them

GM Tech (Cam) :

Ok, This could be a failing sensor, failing module or like anything computerized today, a glitch that needs only a reset.

GM Tech (Cam) :

I would try a reset first.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Take the battery cables off the battery, hold the ends together for 10 seconds then attach them to the battery and see what happens. This will reset the whole vehicle.
If you have 2 batteries, then remove both and touch only one set.

GM Tech (Cam) :

This will not short anything out once the battery cables are free of the battery

Customer:

hold the end of each cable to each other then rehook the battery

Customer: