Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

2007 Chevy Malibu: traction control service light came..gears

I have a 2007 Chevy...
I have a 2007 Chevy Malibu and the other day the traction control service light came on and now it is shifting hard when going into drive and the first few gears. My husband cleaned the mass air flow sensor with the sensor cleaner and replaced it after it was completely dry and he also checked the voltage on the map sensor and everything seems to be at the right voltage. Can you help me figure out what is wrong??
5/22/2012
Canadafix
Canadafix, Canadian Class A
Hello.
Welcome to Just Answer.

To begin, is the check engine light on?
Any other symptoms?
Is the speedometer working correctly?

Thank you,
Bernie
yes the check engine light is on and just today when we started the car it was idling funny but other than that the speedometer is working fine.
Hello Sheena.

Thank you for your reply.
So sorry about the delay.

I see your husband went to the mass air sensor. Was there a reason for this?
Did you get the code that turned on the check engine light?

Thank you,
Bernie
He works at autozone so he put the car on the tester and it gave him several codes and they were reading the map sensor and the mass air flow sensor plus some codes that were around the fuel pump area. My husband has been looking around and he read that the sensor should not be dirty cause it could cause issues so he decided to clean it and see if it helped at all but nothing changed.
Hello Sheena.

Do you have the specific codes that were gathered?
If you can supply me with them I may be able to piece together the puzzle for you.

Thank you.
Bernie
If you give me just a minute I think they are in the car let me go check
Sure thing!
ok this is what I found that my husband wrote down

B0561
P0030
P0050
P0102
P0443
P0030
P0050
P0053
P0059
P0102

That is exactly how they were wrote down in that order
Hello Sheena.

That's quite a list!

Give me a little time to put it together and see what I find.

Thank you kindly for your patience.
Bernie
no problem I'll be here!
Hello Sheena

PO030
HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1

PO050
HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 1

PO053
HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 1 Sensor 1

PO102
Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Frequency

PO443
Evaporative Emission (EVAP) Purge Solenoid Control Circuit

While I put the rest of this together, check the under hood fuse marked Emission 1, Fuse #6-10 amp. It may be blown.

Thank you,
Bernie
Hello again.

Here is what I suspect has happened.
That fuse has blown or it is not being supplied with power.
If the fuse has blown, one of the circuits that the code has set on has a short circuit.
Replacing the fuse will most likely result in the fuse blowing again,
Each one of these items will need to be checked until the short is located.

I'd suspect the canister purge solenoid and the oxygen sensors first.

Bernie
Canadafix
Canadafix, Canadian Class A
Thank you so much the fuse was blown and it has helped the transmission from shifting hard at the moment and the traction control is on again. I will have my husband check the short asap...thank you so much once again!!
Hello Sheena.

Glad to help out.

Let me know if you need a hand to locate the short.

Bernie
Canadafix
Canadafix
Canadafix, Canadian Class A