Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD: I have a 2002 4X4 Silverado 2500HD

I have a 2002 4X4 Silverado 2500HD with a manual shift. Problem is when I shift to 4 Hi the front drive shaft turns but the differential actuator doesn’t engage (I did replace the actuator, no change), 4 Lo works fine. I suspect whatever signals the actuator in 4 Hi is out of adjustment or broke. Please help me help myself.

hi

sense it does work in 4low,,we know thw front actuator is working..i would think your problem here may be the gear selector switch on the transfer case..it doesnt adjust,it will need to be replaced

thanks

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

2002 Chevy Truck K 2500 Truck 4WD V8-6.0L VIN U
Gear Sensor/Switch Service and Repair, Procedures: NVG261-NP2 (Two Speed Manual), Transfer Case Gear Indicator Switch Replacement

Transfer Case Gear Indicator Switch Replacement

Removal Procedure

graphic

1. Raise the vehicle. Refer to Vehicle Lifting.
2. Remove the transfer case shield.
3. Remove the transfer case gear indicator switch electrical connector.
4. Remove the transfer case gear indicator switch.

Installation Procedure

1. Install the transfer case gear indicator switch.
^ Tighten the transfer case gear indicator switch to 31 Nm (23 ft. lbs.).
2. Install the transfer case gear indicator switch electrical connector.
3. Install the transfer case shield.
4. Lower the vehicle. Refer to Vehicle Lifting.

graphic