Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

2002 chevy impala: cruise control has quit working..fob either..fuses

Customer Question

i have a 2002 chevy impala that the cruise control has quit working, also the remote door looks don't work with the fob either. have checked the fuses and they are fine.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
did they both stop working at the same time ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i can not tell you that for sure. when i do try and use the cruise i do not get any light on the dash like it is turning on. My door looks do not respond at all. back when we first got the car it seems like the door locks quit and the garage replaced some thing but i don't remember if my cruise was effected then or not.

thanks

Don

Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
ok lets start with the cruise.in the passenger side junction box/fuse box we need you to test and see with the key on if fuse A/C CRUISE fuse 10 amp and fuse CRUISE fuse 2 AMP with the KEY ON and the fuses in place testing threw the klittle oeping at the tips of the fuses see if you have voltage at BOTH tips on both fuses
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

my car is not here now so it will be about a week till i can check this out.

I will do that and let you know.

Thanks

Don

Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
ok let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i have checked the fuses as you told me to. {they are on the drivers side not the passengers side} there is power at both sides of the fuses.

what do i check next?

thanks

Don

Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
both are good and the cruise light will NOT light up at all ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
both fuses are good and no lite
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.

if both those fuses are good and test good for 12 volts on both sides of those fuses when in place testing threw the little openings in the tips of the tops of the fuses with the ignition key on then the cruise control module would have to be bad since it will not even light up the cruise light

# 2 in this picture