Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2008 suburban: 3rd row seat got stuck..lever..upright position…

I have 2008 suburban....
I have 2008 suburban. The 3rd row seat got stuck down.
The lever does not release it into the upright position. Does it need to be brought to the dealer?
2/12/2012
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 years ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, these seats can be tricky. There is a release cable internally. the seat must be fully seated in order for this cable to release, unless the cable broke. If you can maneuver the seat, remove it, and make sure the latches are all released. Try to reinstall the seat, and make sure there is nothing restricting the latches. then try again to fold the seat up. If you cannot get it, you may have to go to the dealer, leave the seat, and have them repair it. Good luck...Gary
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician