Aran
Aran, General Motors
Experience:  Chevrolet Technician
56408184

2005 corvette: key fobs no longer work and the car will not start

I removed the battery from my 2005 corvette for several days to have it charged and when I replaced it the key fobs no longer work and the car will not start.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Aran replied 5 years ago.

Aran :

Hello I'm Aran and I will give you my best effort to try and answer your question completely and to your full satisfaction.

What have you tried so far?

Aran :

Are you by the car now?

Aran :

Here is some information to try, follow the directions specifically and let me know if this works.

Full Size Image

If this works, please pass on the appreciation by clicking ACCEPT, it does NOT cost any additional money, but authorizes Just Answer to release a portion of your paid deposit to us, this is the ONLY way we are compensated for our time helping you.

Best regards,

Aran

Expert:  Aran replied 5 years ago.

Full Size Image

Best regards,

Aran

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've tried everything in owner's manual and your suggestion. Nothing. The fob will blink the lights but nothing else. It will not unlock the doors, etc. Is it possible to have enough charge to blink the lights but not enough for the fob to work? It's the original battery (2005) and went totally dead. It was on a charger for a week.
Expert:  Aran replied 5 years ago.
Question, did you replace the battery or just charge it and reinstall it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
charge and reinstall
Expert:  Aran replied 5 years ago.
It honestly sounds like the battery is not good, did you take it to a parts house and have it tested, if not will you?

These cars are VERY sensitive to battery voltage, meaning that the car will not crank it the voltage is even borderline.

The only other thing I can think to try at this point is using some jumper cables and hooking them up to the corvette with the jumping car running and see what that does.

But for sure, get the battery tested.

Aran