Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Chevrolet Uplander LS: 2007 chevy uplander cooling fan always

Customer Question
2007 chevy uplander cooling fan...
2007 chevy uplander cooling fan always running
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Chevy
2/3/2012
Chevy Mechanic: AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN replied 5 years ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my best to assist you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. I have been working on these vehicles for over 10 years so I am very familiar with this system and how they work. However, keep in mind, that I need some solid concrete facts/evidence/clues from you in order to give you a good answer about your vehicle. Please realize that all my answers are based solely on the info that you provide me with.

Is the check engine light on?

Are there any codes in the computer?
no engine ligth and no code
Ok.. if there are no codes in the ECM, TCM or BCM, then chances are you just have a bad AC pressure sensor. This is very common. You might be able to get the fan to stop running if you disconnect this switch. The computer will turn on the low speed fan if the Ac pressure sensor signal is not within specs. If the AC is off, the voltage on this pressure sensor with it plugged in should be 1.0 volt or less. Just be sure that the Freon level checks out ok.
I already disconect the AC pressure switch but the fan still running on high
Ok.. plug it back in and tell me the voltage reading.. Be sure the key is on when doing this.
Gray wire is 5 volts and the org. wire is 2.89 volts ign on
Is this with it plugged in?
yes plug in . If unplug the gray has 5 volts and the org. has 0 volt.
Ok.. then the only thing left would be the refrigerant level.
The High side is 250 PSI and low side reading was 60 PSI, engine off. Engine has been off for at least 20 minutes. Shouldn't the both equalize?
YEs.. they should. How do you know the AC pressures? DO you have an AC machine?
yes i just hooked it up and got all does readings
Ok.. I would start the engine and check the AC pressures. In addition, evacuate and recharge the system and see if that helps.

Let me know!
High pressure goes up to 300 PSI and low side to 20 PSI. evacuate or recovered 134a are 20oz and the spec. i 1.43 ibs or 23oz
Do you have rear AC?
no
yeah.. you re correct about the specs.. but the AC pressures are WAY off. If you charged it correctly and your AC machine is calibrated correctly, it sounds to me like you just have a restriction in your AC system.
i will charge it first and go from there. If the same pressure then i look for restriction. Any clue were could that be. Do I ask to much.
My experience has been either a plugged orifice tube/expansion valve or a plugged condenser.. but it could be anywhere. Check those two first.

No.. you don't ask too many questions.. just please don't forget to hit the green accept button so that I may get credit for helping you.
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
AMEDEE
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN