Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2007 Chevy: getting a code po894 trans comp slipping.

I am working on a 2007 Chevy Express Van 2500 4.8. I am getting a code PO894 Trans Comp slipping. Need help.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. I would start by getting a transmission flush, replacing filter, and replacing tcc pwm solenoid next step will be inspecting fluid for clutch material and if good clean out valve body. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

http://db.tt/sf2AeuRY

• Slip speeds ranging from approximately 100 to 400 RPM at steady state light load driving areusually caused by the TCC not applying.
  • Slip speeds greater than about 400 RPM at steady state driving are usually caused by aslipping clutch or band. Inspect the oil pan for the presence of excess clutch debris.
  • A plugged or restricted TCC apply fluid orifice (238, located in the pump) may cause DTCP0894 or P1870, especially in low mileage vehicles with less than 8,000 km (5,000 mi).
  • A converter clutch valve (224, located in the pump), which does not have full travel of13 mm (0.5 in) or is stuck in the off position may cause DTC P0894 or P1870. Inspect thevalve for chips, debris, nicks or burrs. Also, inspect the springs (225 and 226) to make surethey are not limiting valve travel. A spring that is not fully wound may catch in the bore, limitvalve travel and cause DTC P0894 or P1870.
  • A cut, damaged or missing turbine shaft O-ring seal (615) may cause these DTCs. Wheninstalling this O-ring to the turbine shaft, make sure it is fully seated on the groove all theway around the turbine shaft and can be easily rotated with the thumb and forefinger. Failureto fully seat this O-ring may result in cutting when the torque converter is installed.
  • A cracked or leaking TCC solenoid (part of harness 66) may cause DTC P0894 or P1870. Usesolenoid test kit J 44246 to test the operation of this solenoid.
  • A cracked or leaking TCC PWM solenoid (396) may also cause DTC P0894 or P1870.
  • If the vehicle has 24,000 miles (38,600 km) or more, and diagnostics have not determinedanother cause of the DTC, the torque converter © 2008 General Motors Corporat isohn.o uAlldl r ibgeht sr erepslearcveedd..

..

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Still having problems with code PO894 coming up...

I have changed fluid, filter, and PWM Solenoid. The vehicle code can be cleared and driven up to 50 miles. The check engine light then comes on again and shifts hard.

This vehicle had the wiring harness repaired at one time. Could a bad wire in the harness cause this?

Does code reset and come back right away or does it take awhile every time you reset it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Code takes a while. Does not come back immediatly.
If it was wiring to solenoid it should set a different code so I do not believe that is the issue...You will need to go through every step in repair trouble-tree in above link.