Chevy expert
Chevy expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs experience ase cetified tech shop owner
22989858

Chevrolet HHR LT: remote start not working on my chevy hhr

remote start not working on my chevy hhr 2006. It has worked previously. This past summer my keys were thrown. In doing so the battery clip became unattached. Ive soldered it back in place. The alarm and keyless entry work, but not the remote start. It is on when i scroll threw the dash. i only have 1 key fob.  when i try to activate the remote start now the alarm just goes off.  It is winter and its pretty stupid to have remote start and not be able to use it. i live in the windy city.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chevy expert replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.From your description it sounds like you have a programming problem , or possibly just a glitch in the software . Try doing a complete system reset on the vehicle first by disconnecting the battery and touching the two battery cables together for 30 seconds this will completely discharge and reset all the modules in the vehicle then reattach the battery and see if the problem still persists if it does let me know and we will continue testing
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've tried the battery. It still not working. When I hit the start button on the fob the alarm sounds.
If this only happens with one fob Then I would say you have a faulty or defective Key FOB , if this on behavior happens with both of them then we have a programming problem or a defect in the module itself you'll need to go back to the dealer and have them RE flash the module and reprogram it if that does not work you may need to have it replaced
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry im not satisfied with my answer. I knew that before i started this. I was trying to avoid taking it to the dealership. So i believe you did not solve or correct my problem. My situation hasnt changed and the remote start is still not working. Sorry.
Have you tried another new Key FOB?

Just following up to see how you doing

Then bookmark this link so you can reply back to me here anytime, I am years long as it takes to solve your problem and follow-up is always free

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i will accept. with hopes you will continue to assist with my problem.

Absolutely I am here as long as it takes to solve your problem

Just let me know what you need and we will continue testing if necessary thank you