Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Chevrolet Uplander LT: how do you remove the interior sliding

how do you remove the...
how do you remove the interior sliding door panel on 08 uplander?
1/11/2012
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.
This is not very difficult. First remove the sliding door garnish molding.
The garnish moldings is the top part. It pops off starting at the top.
Second you need to remove the inside handle. There is a clip that you need to remove in order to slide that handle. Often a rag g pushed around between the handle in the panel will catch the clip and pull it off.
Next you need to remove the screw at the bottom rear of the trim panel. Following that, you can use a trim tool or a small prybar to pry at the gap between the panel and the door itself.

the passenger side sliding door is stuck shut. the manual lock is stuck in the locked position, the interior door handle has resistance when I try to pull it and the exterior door handle acts as if the door is locked. when you hit the unlock button the lock wiggles but will not open and it cannot be forced in the unlock position. I think the linkage inside the door has become jammed or disconnected to some point.

do the 3 or 4 loonie sized panel plugs have to be removed before the panel can come off?

There is usually screws under those so pull out to be sure.
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician