Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet Silverado 1500: How to reset service air bag on 2005…

How to reset service air...
How to reset service air bag on 2005 chevy silverado 1500
1/5/2012
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician

GM Tech (Cam) :

Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

GM Tech (Cam) :

There is no reset needed if this is only a code. THe system does a test at each start up and when it passes the light goes out.

GM Tech (Cam) :

The test is the flashing of the light 7 times.

GM Tech (Cam) :

There is a couple common parts on these, the connectors behind the left kick panel and the sensor under the rad on the bottom of the support.

GM Tech (Cam) :

so what I am saying is every time you turn it off, the current code if set goes to history and the system needs to fail the test at the next key cycle to turn the light on, it will not carry over from the last ignition cycle.

Customer:

where is the left kick panel located

GM Tech (Cam) :

behind the hood release.

Customer:

is it easy to do or should i bring it to a mechanic and could you give and estimate on cost on part and labor

GM Tech (Cam) :

The sensors are about 130 each and honestly depending what is bad, about 250 max.

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician