Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet Blazer 4x4 (Mid Size): I have a 2000 Blazer 4x4 rear

I have a 2000 Blazer 4x4 rear disk brakes,and both rear brakes are draging and burning up the pads.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

hi

ho long has it been doing this?

how many miles is on the blazer?

what have you tried to fix the problem?

tell me all you can

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
its been doing it for about 6 or 7 months . i have been replaceing the pads. the piston goes back in with no problem. first it was just the right rear and know its both sides. it has about 131000 miles on it. my first problem was the front brakes. they were pulsating when i would use my brakes. not a warped rotor pulsation but a braking pulsation. so i unpluged my front abs from the wheel sensors and my problem went away.now its in mt rear brakes

ok

this sounds as if you may have a collapsed rubber brake hoses....sometimes they will do this and work like a check valve...sense it is both rear brakes..it may be the hose in the center of the rear end where it comes down from the body

thanks

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so...sometimes you may need to right click the image,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

2000 Chevy Truck S10/T10 Blazer 4WD V6-4.3L VIN W
Brake Hose/Line Service and Repair, Procedures: Brake Hose Replacement- Rear

Removal Procedure

66_gc00stbdy_5-063b.png

1. Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Vehicle Lifting.
2. Place a container under the brake hose to catch any dripping fluid.
3. Disconnect the brake hose at the pipe fittings.

67_gc00stbdy_5-063c.png

4. Remove the retainer.
5. Disconnect both brake pipes to flex hose mounted on rear drive axle.
6. Remove the rear flex hose to bracket bolt mounted on rear drive axle.
7. Remove the rear flex hose.

Installation Procedure

Important: After installation, ensure that the rear flex hose is not twisted and that the rear flex hose does not come in contact with any other components.

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.

68_gc00stbdy_5-064a.png

1. Install the bolt for the rear flex hose to bracket on rear drive axle.
Tighten
Tighten the bolt to 17 Nm (13 ft. lbs.).
2. Install both brake pipes to flex hose at the rear drive axle.
Tighten
Tighten the brake pipe fittings to 17 Nm (13 ft. lbs.).
3. Install the retainer.

69_gc00stbdy_5-064b.png

4. Connect the brake pipe fitting to brake flex hose.
Tighten
5. Bleed the brake system.

6. Remove the safety stands and lower the vehicle.