Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Chevrolet Trailblazer: How do I remove and replace the waterpump

Customer Question
How do I remove and...
How do I remove and replace the waterpump on a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Chevy
11/15/2011
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 6 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Hello, I'm Chris.
I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

You have got to get the fan and shroud out prior to being able to get the pump out. Since your shroud is loose and so is your fan. Download the manufacturers file HERE showing how to get the shroud and fan out together.

I clicked on HERE in your reply. All I got was a blank page. You haven't told me anything yet. I need to know how to remove the fan and clutch from the water pump. Does it just unbolt from the pump? Do I have to pry the clutch ass'y off of the pump?

Sorry I read have taken the clutch off the pump, you wrote haven't.

Make sure your abobe reader is up to date, which is how the file is saved. Try it again and see if it now works. Let me know and once you reply I will send the images a different way and explain at that time how to get the clutch off the pump.

I assume you could still not get it to upload, so below are the images sent another way. You must get the clutch off the water pump, with a special tool to hold the pump from spinning. Since the pump is loose, you need to remount it to do this. If you do not have a fan removal tool but own a air impact chisel let me know and I will provide another way.

graphic

graphicgraphic

Did those images come through?

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician