Cal means the radio is not calibrated and/or the radio needs to be set up with a calibration code. You may have put the radio into unlock code calibration mode by mistake.
Attempt to calibrate a number into the radio as follows...
The instructions which follow explain how to enter the secret code to activate the THEFTLOCK-(R) systems. It is recommended that you read through all nine steps before starting the procedure.
IMPORTANT: If you allow more than 15 seconds to elapse between any steps, the radio automatically reverts to time and you must start the procedure over at step 4.
1. Write down any three or four-digit numbers from 000 to 1999 and keep it in a safe place separate from the vehicle.
2. Turn the ignition to ACC or ON.
3. Turn the radio off.
4. Press the 1 and 4 buttons together. Hold them down until --- shows on the display. Next you will use the secret code numbers which you have written down.
5. Press MN and 000 will appear on the display.
6. Press MN again to make the last two digits agree with the secret code.
7. Press HR to make the first one or two digits agree with the secret code.
8. Press the AM-FM after you have confirmed that the secret code matches the secret code you have written down. The display will show REP to let you know that you need to repeat steps 5 through 7 to confirm the secret code.
9. Press AM-FM and this time the display will show SEC to let you know that the radio is secure. The LED indicators by the volume control will begin flashing when the ignition is turned off.
Disconnect the battery, touch the 2 cables together for 2 minutes to clear all memory. Start the unlock process all over again.
If no go, then let the vehicle sit with the ignition key in the on position for at least one hour. A battery charger will be required. Then try to unlock the radio again.
If this is of no help, the code may have been changed at one time. If that is the case, then the ONLY way to retrieve the current unlock code is with a factory scantool. The scan tool is connected to the vehicle and the radio memory is accessed. Then the tool can either pull the unlock code from the memory, change the unlock code, disable the antitheft feature all together and even unlock the radio.