Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevrolet S10 Blazer 4x4 i have a used rearend i want to use…

Customer Question
i have a used rearend...
i have a used rearend i want to use but yoke is bad. can i use the yoke form my rearend? same 2001 chevy blazer.
Submitted: 11 years ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/30/2011
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 years ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, you can utilize the yoke from your rear. Keep in mind the yoke could be different when it comes to machining, so indexing the nut, and putting it back in the same position, may not put it where it needs to be. Remove the new yoke, replace the seal if applicable, clean your yoke, and the new pinion, lubricate with gear oil, slide your yoke on, lubricate the nut, washer, and threads of the pinion, put the nut on, and tighten it down till it gets firmly snug. When doing this by hand, you can feel it get to the point of being tight. Snug it down just a hair more, and thats it! Good luck...Gary

Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician