David H
David H, GM master certified
Experience:  Cadillac Technician 18 years cadillac dealer.ase master certified.gm master certified
19861837

2005 trailblazer: randomly..I have full power..wont idle..start right

I have a 2005 trailblazer that will randomly not start. It will turn over and I have full power inside the vehicle, it just won't idle. After an hour or so, it will start right up. I took it to a mechanic who found good fuel pressure, and could not reproduce the problem. He said he couldn't find anything wrong. Of course, I picked it up, and when I stopped at a store on the way home, I couldn't restart. It's there now. Any ideas??
Category: Chevy
Expert:  David H replied 5 years ago.
The most common cause of your problem is a failed ignition switch disabling the theft system.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my vehicle does not have a theft system
Expert:  David H replied 5 years ago.
your vehicle has a factory passlock theft system that will disable the engine in case of theft attempt or a failure with the system.You can see the security light on the dash when the key is turned to the key on engine off position.The security light should go on for a few seconds then go off.If the light stays on or flashes then the engine won't start.Here is a diagram of the security light on the dash.

Object Number: 676471