GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Manually bleed the ABS module or box at home....is it possible?

Customer Question

How can I manually bleed the ABS module or box at home....is it possible?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 5 years ago.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Usually you cannot due to needing a scan tool, however if the brakes partially work, some have been able to do this by driving it and doing an ABS stop on a loose surface that serves to release the air trapped in there.

GM Tech (Cam) :

If that does not work, then it will require a scan tool, so make sure all the air is bled out using the regular means.

JACUSTOMER-717fm31i- :

Can i rent a scan tool or is it expensive?

JACUSTOMER-717fm31i- :

I have no brakes now...so I can

JACUSTOMER-717fm31i- :

can't drive the vehicle and do a stop test

The full scan tools are ones the shops have so I am not sure if you can rent it, however this bleed takes only 5 mins when you do get it.
Ok, how are you bleeding the brakes now?