Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

2005 chevrolet Silverado 1500: code..system..Intermittent

Customer Question

I Have a 2005 chevrolet Silverado 1500 3.5v8 showing A code po449 need to know what part I need for it.evaporativeEmission system vent control circuit Intermittent.
Submitted: 6 years ago via Advance Auto Parts.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

This is actually a "known problem" and GM has issued an updated version of the EVAP canister vent valve assembly, as well as a "kit" that will re-locate the filter box. You'll need to obtain the kit which will contain everything you need to correctly repair this, as well as instructions for the re-location. 2004-2007 Model Year (Use Service Kit P/N 19152349)

It's located under the vehicle, on the driver's side, towards the rear.