Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

chevy s10 Code reads p0304 2 cylinder misfire it did this

Code reads p0304 2 cylinder misfire it did this when I ran out of gas its a 97 s10 vortex v6 what's my problem runs very rough lines are not clogged filter is new
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

The code 304 is for a misfire on cylinder #4. This is the middle cylinder on the passenger side. Make sure you are getting good spark to that cylinder (remove plug wire with engine running). If you have a compression gauge you can also test compression to that cylinder. If you have good spark and compression then the problem is going to be a bad fuel injector for cylinder #4.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where is the injectors located exactly please
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
On your engine, the injectors are located inside the manifold. Remove the plastic upper portion of the intake manifold for access to the injectors.