Dr.Automotive
Dr.Automotive, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Automotive Degree Dealer Experienced
49697172

2008 Avalanche, Vibration in the steering wheel from 25-30mph..slowly

2008 Avalanche, Vibration in the steering wheel from 25-30mph and up. It did not slowly get worse, one day it just started. Been to the dealer, the said front tires were "cupping". They sold me 2 tires and a front end allignment. No change. Can you help?

Customer:

Welcome to Justanswer

JACUSTOMER-r584f3c6- :

Can you offer up any suggestions?

Customer:

Yes the issue is one of a few and the dealer that did the work should work with you since they did not fix the problem

Customer:

There is a known issue with the engine mounts on this truck causing vibration there are new mounts that fix the problem your having

Customer:

If the mounts are not the issue then I suspect failing shocks they cause cupping on the tires

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

Let me know if you have any questions

JACUSTOMER-r584f3c6- :

I will have the dealer look into this mount issue. Is this an official GM service bulletin that you have sent? Also, How can the shocks be verified good or otherwise?

Customer:

They can inspect them to see if they are no longer within spec and yes its a GM bulletin

Customer:

PIT3009L

Customer:

So please hit the accept button so I can receive payment for my time and effort its greatly appreciated and the only way I get paid. Thanks Danny

JACUSTOMER-r584f3c6- :

Thank you

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Danny, I checked those numbers you gave me with a different GM dealer (the dealer I bought the avalanche from) and none of them came up as GM bulletins except(NNN) NNN-NNNNwhich doesn't address the problem.
Thats odd because it says its a OEM maybe there is another number on the bulletin one moment.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Today they are changing the front wheel bearings. Lets see what that does. As I sat in the passengers seat for the ride with the mechanic the vibration was much worse. I will keep you posted so you may help others if this issue should occur for anyone else.

Thank you.

Great..