How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Nova Your Own Question
Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Category: Chevy
Satisfied Customers: 19451
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
Type Your Chevy Question Here...
Dave Nova is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you change out the blend door actuator on a 2003 tahoe?

Resolved Question:

how do you change out the blend door actuator on a 2003 tahoe?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

Is the mode actuator that you need to replace (vent, floor, and defrost modes)?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes. Intermittently, the drivers side only, will start blowing hot air. We have dual climate contols for the front. The passenger side will still be blowing cold.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
The drivers side temperature actuator is the one that needs to be replaced. It is located under the bottom of the a/c case. Remove the plastic covers from under the dash, then the actuator can be removed. It is held in place with two screws and is just to the right of center over the transmission hump.

Picture shows view from underneath.

Dave Nova and 7 other Chevy Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is this the same as the blend door actuator?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry, I meant the same as the temp control actuator. Would you agree with this replacement part being the solution to this problem?
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.
The temperature actuator is also called a blend door actuator. Replacing this actuator will fix your problem.