Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Chevrolet Z71 2000 chevy Z71 code c0323, have already replaced

2000 chevy Z71 code c0323, have already replaced the shift motor. you can hear that the brake in shift motor is not realeasing. What should the wires have for voltage and when?

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

Disconnect the transfer case encoder motor harness. Check for B+ at the Orange wire. Check resistance across the encoder motor lock circuit. Should be 20-80 ohms. Reconnect and back probe the Tan wire and check for voltage. Ground the Tan wire and check for the motor brake inside the encoder motor to click and engage. If the circuit operation is OK, repeat tests at the Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM).

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Does the tan wire from TCCM (large plug) go straight to the shift motor?
Yes it goes directly to the shift motor. Let me know if you run into questions, thanks.