Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

2005 corvette: repair shop..gauges..car sputters no power, cant turn

Customer Question
help! I had a repair...
help! I had a repair shop change out battery 2005 corvette, now my computer is going crazy. Car has no power, gauges not working, car sputters no power, cant turn it off sometimes, cant drive it. not dealer but repair shop tried fix said needs computer reflashed. Is that it? do i need a chev dealer to do this?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Chevy
4/17/2011
Chevy Mechanic: Neal, Chevy Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Neal
Neal, Chevy Mechanic

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Please feel free to ask follow up questions, it is part of the process, thanks.

They are probably right. Your computer may have been corrupted when the battery was swapped. You will need to get it to the dealer for a diagnnostic which will be about $100 and the probably another $100 if it just needs the flash though it may be less.

Neal, what else could it be if its not reflashing computer
A problem with the new battery, or a bad connection at the battery or the ground. Thats about all it can be.
ok thanks Neal, it is being towed to dealer monday from repair shop..hope your right about just 200.00 total cost.
Me too!! Good luck hope thats all it needs.
Neal
Neal, Chevy Mechanic
Neal
Neal
Neal, Chevy Mechanic