Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

Chevrolet HHR LS 07hhr windshield wiper connecting arm disconnected

Customer Question
07hhr windshield wiper connecting arm...
07hhr windshield wiper connecting arm disconnected on drivers side under cowl screen
Cowl screen held in place by some long sheet metal type screws but can't get wiper arm off? For access to connection ? Help....
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Chevy
3/23/2011
Chevy Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 6 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

you remove the wiper arm nut cover by prying up with a screwdriver on it. Next, remove the wiper arm nut. Once you do that, you will need a puller to remove the wiper arm. I use a $3 battery terminal puller to remove the wiper arms as shown how below.

graphic

The air inlet grille has push pin fasteners you will pull out by prying upward with a screwdriver or using pliers to pull out:

Remove the push pin fasteners in the air inlet grille panel

Factory directions below on how to access and remove the wiper transmission(linkages) if needed:

1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.

2. Pull the hood rear seal from the air inlet grille panel to remove it.

3. Turn the ignition ON.

4. Turn the wiper switch to DELAY.

5. When the wiper arms are paused at the bottom of the wipe pattern, turn the ignition OFF.

6. Remove the negative battery cable.

7. Remove the wiper arm nut cover.

8. Remove the wiper arm nut.

9. Using J 39637, remove the wiper arm from the wiper pivot shaft.

10. Remove the push pin fasteners in the air inlet grille panel.

11. Disconnect the washer fluid hose.

12. Remove the air inlet grille panel from the vehicle.

Remove the fasteners (1) attaching the wiper transmission (2) to the plenum

13. Remove the fasteners (1) attaching the wiper transmission (2) to the plenum.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager