Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2000 chevy impala 3.4 no power to fuel pump. what should i do?

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

Verify that both Red wires at the ignition switch have full battery voltage. Verify that the ignition switch is powering the Dark Green wire with key on and Yellow wire with the key in the start position and if not replace ignition switch. It sounds like the switch is failing to allow voltage to cross it causing no power to fuel pump. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

we tested all the wires and they all have power. what should i try next?

Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Check to see if the fuel pump relay clicks when key is turned from off to on and let me know.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

its not clicking

Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
At the fuel pump relay check terminal 86 for good ground and terminal 85 should get voltage for a few second when key is turnfed from off to on. Let me know, thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
terminal 85 has no power
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
Ok..It should only have power for a second or two when key is turned from off to on or have power when key is in start position.....But if no power access dark gree/white wire connector 2 terminal 3 of pcm and check to see if it has voltage...If so replace wire between pcm and relay.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
where is the pcm at?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 years ago.
In front or strut tower under hood on drivers side insie airbox.