BigBob
BigBob, Shop manager/technician
Experience:  Shop Manager with 25 years experience
13327319

Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 what is engine code C0265 on a 2004

what is engine code C0265 on a 2004 chevy avalanche
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BigBob replied 6 years ago.
Greetings and welcome to just answer!!!

This is actually an abs code. Does the abs pump stay on at all or just the light?

Bob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
just the light
Expert:  BigBob replied 6 years ago.
This could be 2 things. Have you ever had the ground for the ebcm cleaned and a new bolt installed?

Bob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Does ebcm stand for electronic brake control module. if so, not to my knowledge and here's a dumb question I should've asked before. How can I tell if the pump stays on? When should it be on and when should it be off?
Expert:  BigBob replied 6 years ago.
No you would be hearing the pump run, sometimes even with the key off. The first thing to do is have the ground cleaned and replaced. Then if the light comes back on the ebcm (electronic bra control module) will need to be replaced . there is a TSB from Gm about this code, click here to read it.

Bob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where can I get those washers and nuts the bulletin is specifying. Can I just get them at a hardware store? Grade 8?
Expert:  BigBob replied 6 years ago.
No you need to get these bolts from a dealer, they are specially mad for the ground side of the ebcm. They don't cost too much.

Bob