Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

98 Camaro: little rough..two codes:P1665..Cam shaft..position sensor

I have a 98 Camaro running a little rough. It is showing two codes:
P1665: Fuel level output circuit
PO341: Cam shaft position sensor circuit Range performance.
I would like to fix the problem and keep the light out.
Thanks
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

The P1665 code is for a fault in the evap vent solenoid control circuit. Inspect the wiring to this solenoid. If the wiring is okay, replace the solenoid. The vent solenoid is located under the vehicle near the fuel tank and canister.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

The P0341 code is for the camshaft position sensor circuit. Check the following things.

• Faulty Ignition Coil - Remove the ignition coils and inspect the ignition control module and coils for cracks, carbon tracking, or other signs that indicate that the coil secondary circuit is arcing to the ICM or ICM wiring harness. Refer to Ignition Coil(s) Replacement.
  • Secondary ignition wire(s) arcing to wiring harness - Check secondary ignition wires for carbon tracking or other signs of damage.
  • Poor connection at the PCM - Inspect harness connectors for the following conditions:
  • Backed out terminals.
  • Improper mating.
  • Broken locks.
  • Improperly formed or damaged terminals.
  • Poor terminal-to-wire connection.
  • Damaged harness - Inspect the wiring harness for damage.
  • If the harness appears to be OK, disconnect the PCM, turn the ignition on and observe a voltmeter connected to the CAM signal circuit at the PCM harness connector while moving connectors and wiring harnesses related to the ICM and the CMP sensor. A change in voltage will indicate the location of the fault.