Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

Chevrolet Impala LS I have a 2006 Impala the throttle pedal

I have a 2006 Impala the throttle pedal sensor code comes up..the engine power reduce light comes on and service traction contol light comes on what is this and what needs to be replaced and what is the approx cost to fix
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

Can you give me the actual "p-code" that was retrieved?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes..it will take me about 5 mins to get it
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

No prob. It'll help me a great deal... i'll be here...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

p0121 p2135 p2101

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

Ok- All of these codes are pointing to a fault in the Throttle Body (the throttle position sensors are built into the throttle body and cannot be service seperately). Visually inspect the throttle body for any defects (sticking plate, vacuum leaks, broken/loose wires at the electrical connectors, etc.) If the visiualy inspection checks good, you will need to run some tests to be absolutely sure the problem is in the throttle body, and not the PCM. You may also want to have the throttle body cleaned (see procedure below) and see if that helps. If not, scan-tool testing will be needed from here. I cannot give you an approx cost as you requested, becuase at this stage, I cannot prove the problem is the throttle body or the PCM.

THROTTLE BODY CLEANING PROCEDURE

1. Remove the air cleaner outlet duct.

CAUTION: Turn OFF the ignition before inserting fingers into the throttle bore. Unexpected movement of the throttle blade could cause personal injury.

NOTE: Do not insert any tools into the throttle body bore in order to avoid damage to the throttle valve plate.

1. Inspect the throttle body bore and the throttle plate for deposits. You will need to open the throttle plate in order to inspect all surfaces.

NOTE: Do not use any solvent that contains Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK). This solvent may damage fuel system components.

1. Clean the throttle body bore and the throttle plate using a clean shop towel with GM Top Engine Cleaner, P/N(NNN) NNN-NNNNor AC-Delco Carburetor Tune-Up Conditioner, P/N X66-P, or an equivalent product.
  2. Install the air cleaner outlet duct.

graphic