Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

run and crank relay is giving problems

the run and crank relay...
the run and crank relay is giving problems what do i do ihave to tilt it to one side to get it to work
11/28/2010
cartech
cartech, ASE Certified Technician

I have run into this on many cars you will need to remove the terminals and replace them or tighten them up. I have included a article its not on the truck but you will get the idea. http://gmfixit.com/chevy-cavalier-runs-hot-no-cooling-fan/

cartech
cartech, ASE Certified Technician
i did all that before contacting you and replaced relay that dont work
where you able to access the wires on the back and remove them so you can replace the actual terminals
some how water got into the relay and caused it to malfunction that was my problem the answer you gave didnt help so i dont think i should pay
thats perfectly understandable thanks for the follow up
cartech
cartech
cartech, ASE Certified Technician