Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

2002 chevy s10: starter relay..12 volt..ignition switch..color codes

Customer Question
2002 chevy s10 2.2 auto...
2002 chevy s10 2.2 auto. starter relay is not receiving 12 volt signal from ignition switch. need circuit diagram, color codes
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Chevy
10/25/2010
Chevy Mechanic: JHoop, Chevy Technician replied 7 years ago
JHoop
JHoop, Chevy Technician
Hello , my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

Manual transmission?
No, automatic. problem has been intermittent. Had an alarm starter interlock wired in, I removed. It would not crank, released parking brake and then it started. I reached under the dash next time it would not crank and wiggled the harnesses, It cranked once and now will not crank. Is the start (crank ) circuit yellow all the way out to the engine compatment?
Have you checked the connector to the ignition switch to see if the 7mm bolt is tight?
No, too be honest I didnt see it, I'm most familiar with Ford, can you give me detaail on the switch location?
Does it have an aftermarket alarm?
Yes, that was in original post. Has a Karr alarm, I have already removed the starter interlock and restored the wiring. Where is the igniton switch? The alarm is wired in at what I thought was a junction block, it does have a 7mm bolt, is this the igniton switch? Can you give me info to remove it/test it?
I uploaded the diagrams in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you.

If you need more help, please ask. If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT.

If you have a deposit but did not click ACCEPT you will STILL be charged if you do not request a refund by e-mailing [email protected] answer.com . Not clicking ACCEPT hurts the Techs that help you!

Please leave positive feedback. As you can see I have excellent ratings in all my categories. Please remember I am not at the vehicle, Please don't leave a negative report. Thanks again, JHoop
I'm sure this will help, how about removal procedure for the ignition switch? Can you help me with that?
Sure. The lower cover for the column has a few screws and they are 15 or 20 torx.

Remember when taking out the alarm to reconnect the started command wires.

I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you.

If you have a deposit but did not click ACCEPT you will STILL be charged if you do not request a refund by e-mailing [email protected] answer.com . Not clicking ACCEPT does not help the Techs that help you!

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX at schematic, I have power in the crank position at c211, I assum ign switch is ok, I suspect the yellow wire or the light grey wire is broken somewhere after c211. I'll accept your answer for the information. Thanks.
I will keep your question open. You can get back to me anytime answering any e-mail sent to you related to this question or by logging into your JA account. Thanks again, JHoop
JHoop
JHoop, Chevy Technician
JHoop
JHoop
JHoop, Chevy Technician