Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

my 2005 z71 service 4 wheel drive light came on...oil changed

Customer Question
my 2005 z71 serviceXXXXXlight came...
my 2005 z71 serviceXXXXXlight came on. what does this mean is there something wrong or does it just need the oil changed
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Chevy
10/12/2010
Chevy Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 years ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Hello JACUSTOMER-js75egu9-,

WHen the ServiceXXXXXlight comes on, That means there is a code set in the transfer case module. It requires a scan tool to pull codes to see what code has set. Most of the time on these trucks, I see a C0327 code for the encoder motor malfunction. We have been replacing the sensor in the actuator on the transfer case and reprograming the transfer case module. You can do the repairs on this your self, but you need to make for sure what code is setting. To get the module reprogramed to the latest calibration, Would have to be done by a dealer or a repair shop that can do programing.
Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Dan, ASE Certified Technician