Don Knight
Don Knight, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  40+ years
5784781

2000 astro: the drain release on the radiator

where is the drain release on the radiator of 2000 astro van and is it fairly easy to remove?
It is located on the bottom of the radiator on the passenger side. Just turn it and pull down a little and it should pour coolant out of the tube.Make sure that your radiator cap is off so that you will get a good flow and good luck,Don
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
<p>Ok. What hoops do I need to jump through to see it? I've been on the underside of the vehicle and don't see it.  I need to access it.  How do I get to it if I can't see it?  If you have a photo to refer me to, that would be great.</p>
If you cant see the drain plug on either side of the radiator just remove the lower radiator hose.The radiator has a drain plug but I dont have a picture of it on the vechile, sorry , Don
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok. The undercarriage just kind of wraps around the bottom of the radiator, so it looks like I'll have to remove the lower hose. Unfortunately, I'll have to remove the oil inlet/outlets to get there, but it's access. Thanks!
Before you go through all that trouble just remove the upper radiator fan shroud.After you do that remove the cooling fan and then remove the lower radiator fan shroud.This should make the lower radiator hose very axcebible,Don