Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2001 chevy: the keyless entry receiver box located..silverado…

Customer Question
where is the keyless entry...
where is the keyless entry receiver box located on a 2001 chevy 1500 silverado? and how hard is it to get to, to replace?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Chevy
8/30/2010
Chevy Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 7 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Hello, it is located just under the top of the dash. You have to take off the top dash trim cover. First set are directions for receiver, second set are directions for trim pad

REMOTE CONTROL DOOR LOCK RECEIVER REPLACEMENT

REMOVAL PROCEDURE

1. Remove the Instrument Panel (IP) top cover.

1. Remove the module. Unsnap the 2 lock arms.
  2. Disconnect the electrical connector.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

1. Connect the electrical connector.
  2. Install the module starting with the large tang-tilt. Snap the 2 lock arms into the square holes.

1. Install the instrument panel (IP) top cover.
nstrument Panel Upper Trim Pad Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. Set the air flow control to the instrument panel (IP) vent position if equipped with air conditioning (A/C).
  2. Apply the parking brake to prevent the vehicle from moving.
  3. Move the shift lever all the way down (if the transmission is automatic).
  4. Tilt the steering wheel to the full down position.
  5. Remove the IP cluster trim plate bezel.

1. Remove the end panels. Left is shown, right is similar.
  2. Remove the right side air outlets.

1. Remove the assist handle by depressing the release tabs accessed through the air outlet duct holes.
  2. Remove the windshield pillar garnish moldings.
  3. Remove the bolts retaining the pad to IP assembly.

1. Left the trim pad up to disconnect the electrical connector (1) to the ambient light sensor on the underside of the trim pad.

1. Remove the trim pad from the assembly.

Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Randall C
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech